Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN)
The YPBM project was designed and implemented by the YPAN.
YPAN is an informal network of 57 young peacebuilders from Europe who work with and in conflict-affected communities.
The objectives of YPAN:
YPAN is an outcome of the long-term Council of Europe project that lasted from 2011 till 2014.
YPAN`s mission is to develop a culture of peace by empowering young people, promoting human rights, dignity, equality and respect of diversity through education, advocacy and other non-violent actions.
YPAN`s actions focus around the following terms: peacebuilding, nonviolence, involvement of young people, peaceful activism, intercultural learning, human rights and human rights education.
Members of YPAN are based in 26 member states of the Council of Europe and they are active on local and international level organizing activities linked to human rights and peacebuilding, intercultural learning, gender matters, anti-discrimination, conflict prevention and conflict transformation.
YPbM project was first long-term project of YPAN. Other examples of YPAN involvement in peacebuilding are:
- ‘Peace is…’ aspects of peace and non-violence
- ‘Live and dance together’ dialogue between Turkish and Armenian young people through traditional dances
- Minorities through education – enhancing understanding and tolerance
- ‘Let’s make it home’ inclusion of IDPs/Refugees in Hosting Communities
- ‘Peace building through a gender lens’ gender sensitive approach in the peace building activities
- ‘Be active, be open, be YPA’ – study session on peace activism
- ‘Mind your language’ – study session on recognition and respect towards the minority/regional languages
- Youth for Peaceful Europe – study session on cooperation towards sustainable culture of peace (to be implemented)
- ‘Solidarity with Turkey’ peaceful protests – Gezi
- ‘Peace is…’ video campaign on the meaning of peace
- ‘Northern Ireland’ children involved in the conflict’
- ‘Peace Day’ who will you make peace with today
- Peacebuilders stories – collection of stories by young peacebuilders [ https://medium.com/@youthpeaceambassadors/with-whom-will-you-make-peace-today-1a18e09d53df ]
- Local peace camps in Ukraine
- humans of Sumy – photography project enhancing diversity of Sumy inhabitants
- Human rights and Peace education workshop in India (with Clap Global)
For further information reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org